This semester I learned about pushing forward. I have learned that its okay to experience frustration, because this will fuel your energy to keep going. I also learned that its your life, you are the author and you write your own story. Its perfectly fine to have the input of your family or peers but at the end of the day, its your call.
I want to reflect on key parts of my blog, beginning with my very first blog:
1st Blog: Why am I taking this course
My reasons for taking this course included learning how to change and lead my life more productively. I also wanted to be able to share what I learned with my peers. I also wanted to walk away fulfilled. Well, I have accomplished all of these! However, I believe that a semester is not long enough to learn these concepts and more. I do think that I have learned the preliminaries and can take what I have learned and try to master these techniques from this point on. Before this class, I thought I knew all about planning and scheduling, UH NO LOL. I learned some really good tips and tricks about planning even the minute task to the most grand.
2nd Blog: 5 Lives
During this Blog I got the opportunity to jot down 5 lives that relate to the life I want to live. The one that stood out was an emergency room doctor. I chose this occupation because it just makes sense! I want to have a job that is constantly changing, I want to be always stimulated, and on the edge of my seat. Being a detective or FBI agent is perfect because you are waken up during the wee hours of the murder being called to a murder scene. I cannot imagine myself sitting at a 9-5 job and doing the same mundane task that I did the day before. I would lose my mind and probably take my frustration out on people around me, no seriously.
3rd Blog: Planning Wall
I liked this activity because this hit home for me. If you were to see my room, you would see goals written on paper everywhere in my room. I have been doing this since highschool. However, I never did a planning wall where all my goals could be visually seen.
4th Blog: Business Meeting
I liked this activity because it gave me a chance to vent to someone close to me, I could retrieve advice from my partner. I could also plan out the week ahead. I will use this technique from henceforth.
How have I grown: I have grown tremendously throughout this semester, however I have suffered from a slight case of senioritis. At the the beginning of the semester, I started off so strong and then just a couple of weeks ago, got sick and began to slack. But, I have gotten back into the swing of things and plan to finish off the semester on top.
Thinking: I have a new outlook on things in life and school. I have taken away some life qoutes to live by, my favorite is the Keenan Ivory Wayan, "cushion" qoute.
Behaviors/Activities: I want to be more enagaged with my field. I am excited that I get the opportunity to work with my Criminal Justice professor with my independent study! I am going to make the best of this opporunity.
3 Best things about the class
1. Planning Wall
2. Business Meeting
3. Success Team
3. Least
1.Komives Book
2.Interviews: It was very hard to contact people and get a fulfilling interview.
3. ******
3 Improvemnts/Suggestions
1. More movies!!! The movies chosen were very inspiring
2. *******
3.********
Overall: I wish Dr. Rock was teaching the class next semester. I dont think the class will have the same zeal and zest that she provided. I wish her luck in all her endeavors :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the way you put it! "You are the author, you write your own story!"
ReplyDelete