Thursday, September 24, 2009

Exercise #1: What is your touchstone?

Brianna Dream: FBI agent

Touchstone: Financial Stability/helping Victims

Role Model: Cassandra Chandler (African American Woman, Special Agent for FBI)

Target: unlimited possibilities for living my life to the fullest without financial constraints

Reading the Goalsearch chapter made me realize that this entire time that I have been setting short-term goals, I have been doing it wrong. For example, I will organize and set a date and believe that this is "set in blood" and if I falter then I fail. For years, I have set milestone days to lose weight and within a week of "messing" up I quit. Now I know that mistakes make the goal stronger. This has now encouraged me to try losing weight again!

As for my career goals (Long-Term), I know that I don't want a stereotypical job from 9-5. I dont want to sit behind a desk and do busy work that I will hate. Having the perfect job that interests me, will help me overall in life. Mood, emotions, and well-being will be improved. Money makes our world revolve and studies have shown that when a person is finacially stable, other factors in their lives are high, such as family and social aspects.

My goal is two fold. Yes, I want to financial stability, but I also want to gain training and expertise in the field of Criminal Justice so that I can solve cases and help victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment