Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Doing something that I love (In-Class Assignment)

My favorite thing that I love to do is, when I have the free time, I like to snuggle up on the couch with a snack and watch episodes of real life police drama. For example, Forensic Files, Jail, the First 48 etc. I hate the drama shows like NCIS or CSI. My overall goal is to help Victims in the Heinous Crime unit of the FBI. I know that one can not even apply to the FBI without the necessary law enforcement or college background. On Saturday night I was walking with my boyfriend and notice a detective sitting in the car waiting for his partner. At first I was hesistant, but I walked up to the detective and engaged in a little chit chat. I told him that I was a senior and will graduate with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice Major in May 2010 and I wanted to know what internships were available with the Chicago Police Department. The detective gave me some background and general info and then he gave me the number to the Human Resources Department of the Police. I am currently in contact with the department.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how this fulfills the assignment? I asked you to "DO one of the things you love from our in-class activity" and said it had to be something that you haven't done in the past three years. It seems clear from your post that you watch tv frequently so that doesn't really fit. I'm imagining you didn't write down "randomly interview a detective" as one of your activities. Did you not understand the assignment or am I missing something here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should clarify; I love Criminal Justice. I love to speak about it and learn new things that involve it. I had the opportunity to talk about it with someone that has experience with it.

    ReplyDelete