Sunday, August 30, 2009
Childhood Fascinations and Dreams
I was a weird child in the sense that I was the only child. I had to basically play by myself, with my mom, or my cousins who were 10-12 years older than me. For some odd reason, I loved cash registers, I liked the dings and whistles and the money drawer. As a child I had over 10 different elaborate cash registers. My favorite was a Barbie Cash Register that taught you how to count money. I would imagine that customers were in front of me and scan their purchases, tell them their total, take their money and give them change and receipt. I also had a fascination about teaching. My mother bought me a blackboard easel that was just my height. We would go to the teachers supply store and get workbooks. I would sit down each Saturday and plan out my week for my "students" (my teddy bears). The following week after I would come home and do my own homework, I would put on my moms heels on and set up my teddy bears and pass out the daily assignment. As a child, I lived through sight. I have a photographic memory that at times is very creepy what I can remember. I am very good with directions and remembering landmarks. As a child my mom could go to a new place and I could remember the route by remembering what was on the side of the road! The cash register fascination could have been an insight into me helping people via customer service??? And the teaching could have been my interest in helping youth??? But as Sher pointed out in her book, none of these childhood dreams could have anything to do with what your interested in now as an Adult, but maybe a hint or clue. I still want to help people, but through a different "genre" or "spectrum". My ultimate goal is to help people whom have been victimized through heinous crimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment